For the 2017 / 2018 school year tuition intake will cover less than 60% of the operating cost of the school. Parents Guild fundraising, diocesan Catholic Tuition Grant Program funds, reimbursement by the State of NY for mandated services and ultimately the parishioners of Saints Peter and Paul parish cover the remaining 40% plus of operating costs. Salaries and benefits for teachers, school administration and school staff comprise 80% of the operating cost of the school. The school is dependent on parents faithfully covering their tuition obligations in order to cover the school payroll.
Tuition Charges For 2017 / 2018:
Parishioner Rate Non-Parishioner
One Child $3,195 $4,235
Two Children $5,432 $7,200
Three Children $6,710 $8,894
Four Children $7,029 $9,317
Pre-K4 Full Day $3,350 $3,845
Two Children $6,365 $7,305
The “Parishioner Tuition Rate” is extended to parishioners of Saints Peter and Paul and to active parishioners of other Catholic parishes (as long as that parish does not have a school). Parishioners from other Catholic parishes must provide a signed CTGP (Catholic Tuition Grant Program) form from their parish, due at time of registration, in order to receive the “Parishioner” tuition rate”. Until that form is received, they will be billed at the “Non-Parishioner” tuition rate.
· Registration Fee: $105.00 per family is due at registration. Registration fee holds your place in the class and is not refundable.
· Art, Book, Supply Fee (ABS): $95.00 per family is due with first tuition payment.
· Student Insurance Fee: $15.00 per student is due with first tuition payment.
Tuition Payment Options:
· Full payment of tuition and fees by August 15, 2017 less $105.00 discount.
· Payment of tuition and fees through SMART Tuition starting August 2017 through May 2018.
Incidental school expenses (field trips, scholastic supplies, sports fees, etc.) are collected in school outside of the SMART system. SSPP will do our best to make you aware of these expenses well in advance.
Tuition Refund Policy:
Requests for tuition refund will be calculated on a per diem basis up until November 30, 2017. There will be no refunds after November 30, 2017 and remaining tuition obligations are still due.
Delinquency Policy For Tuition and Fees:
SSPP depends on timely payments of tuition in order to cover school payroll. It is the parent’s responsibility to faithfully make tuition payments or if a problem develops, to contact the pastor of Saints Peter and Paul Parish for potential alternative arrangements.
If tuition payments fall into arrears without parents contacting the pastor for help, expect the following:
-At 30 days past due, parents will receive notification in writing of the past due amount. Parents will have 15 days to address the delinquent payment or to contact the pastor to make alternative arrangements.
-At 60 days past due, unless alternative arrangements are made, the school considers the tuition account delinquent and reserves the right to turn over the account for collection. Any legal or collection fees will be the responsibility of the parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Students will not be allowed to participate in school year end activities such as field trips and graduation. Transcripts and final report cards will be withheld pending satisfaction of outstanding tuition obligations. Students will not be allowed to start a new school year if there is an outstanding tuition obligation from a prior year.
As the parent(s) or legal guardian(s), you agree to reimburse us the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, we incur in such collection efforts.
Saints Peter and Paul Parish is committed to helping families needing financial assistance or facing temporary hardships to send their children to Saints Peter and Paul, a Catholic Community School. Parents are encouraged to seek assistance as follows:
BISON Children’s Scholarship Fund: Applications for financial assistance can be made by February 28 for the coming school year at www.bisonfund.com .
Saints Peter and Paul Tuition Angels Financial Assistance: Applications for financial assistance can be made through the SMART AID website. All financial information shared with SMART AID is kept confidential. Aid is available for grades K-8. Assistance awards are made based on calculated family need and funds currently available. To apply, go to www.smartaidforparents.com. If you do not have an account already, you will need to create one. The school code for SSPP is 12489. There is a $35 processing fee for the application.
Saints Peter and Paul Tuition Angels Hardship Assistance: Families facing sudden, temporary hardships such as the loss of a job or family member medical situation should contact the pastor of Saints Peter and Paul Parish for this type of assistance.